Hauptmenü

KIX 2017 LDAP Configuration sample

Begonnen von Nilufar, 14.09.2017 07:15:48

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Nilufar

Hello dear kix team. I've got problem with ldap auth of customer users. i keep getting error in log file:

[Mon Jul 31 17:30:07 2017][Error][Kernel::System::CustomerUser::LDAP::_Connect][200] First bind failed! 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903C8, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v2580

Please can you provide any sample configuration of ldap for kixdesk 2017? Thank you in advance.

Richard Leis

Hello Nilufar,

a sample configuration for LDAP authorization can be found in <KIX-Home>/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm (lines 1439 to 1506 for CustomerUsers and 1507 to 1558 for CustomerCompanies).
It is recommended to copy the whole customer authorization part, paste it into your Config.pm and customize it.

I checked the error message that you posted.
This is normally caused when there is a problem with the authentization on the LDAP server.
Please check if the login data of the search user is correct.
Or it might be a problem with special characters in the password.

If this doesn't solve your problem, please let me know.

Best regards

Richard

Nilufar

Hi Richard. Thank you for your informative response, i'm taking that into the consideration. But in kix here's GUI version of ldap configuration which can be found in SysConfig -> Framework → Frontend::Customer::Auth
I've been trying to sync with ldap server using gui version and it doesn't work, though all my input credentials are right. Why there's gui ldap configuration then?

Richard Leis

Hi Nilufar,

the mapping in the Config.pm was  the initial way of implementing a ldap connection.
The SysConfig page has been invented later by the OTRS AG.

The SysConfig page has some disadvantages compared to the Config.pm-method:

• you can only use one backend (In the Config.pm you can add several different backends)
  • you can't map the ldap fields to the KIX-fields
So we always recommend to implement your ldap in the Config.pm

Best regards

Richard