Hauptmenü

[SOLVED] How to add new state-type in kix17 database in table ticket_state_type?

Begonnen von Nilufar, 06.10.2017 08:48:42

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Nilufar

Hi kixdesk team. I have an urge to add new state-type, i've searched about this on internet and found out that i need to add it into database table  ticket_state_type with the following sql command:
mariadb [kix17]> insert into ticket_state_type (name, comments, create_time, create_by,change_time, change_by) values ('own','own state type', sysdate(), 1, sysdate(), 1);
but i get error message: ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'state type', sysdate(), 1, sysdate(), 1)' at line 1

Please help me here, what i do wrong here?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards Nilufar

Beatrice Müller

Hi,

yes, the state types can not be changed via the web interface. The database has to be directly modified if you want to add new types or change existing names. The default state types should typically not be modified as this can yield unpredictable results. For instance, escalation calculations and the unlock feature are based on specific state types.

If a new state type should be added, the ticket_state_type table in the OTRS database needs to be modified with a database client program:
insert into ticket_state_type (name,comments) values ('own','Own state type');

best regards
Beatrice Müller